WELCOME TO NEWPORT BEACH BASEBALL!
Update - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response
May 14, 2020
Dear Parents, Volunteers, and Friends of NBBA:
Once again, I hope this note finds you and your families all healthy and doing well. I write to update you on the status of the spring season. The Board of Directors met recently and voted to wait for some additional information before making a final determination as to whether to cancel the spring season. I know this message does not help with the uncertainty of the times, but we continue to hold out some hope we can offer a chance for the kids to play baseball this season.
As I stated in my previous message to you, we will explore all possibilities to determine whether we can have some sort of season. The Board recognizes the regular season would typically be concluded by this time. However, given the cancellation of so many of the opportunities that our kids have to play organized sports, or even just socialize with their friends, we are hoping that we can provide some opportunity to return to the baseball field. Obviously, we would do this only if we can ensure a safe experience at practices and games, so that we do not risk the health and well-being of anyone involved. But if we can schedule practices and games that extend through June and into July, and give our kids that opportunity to play again, then we would like to leave the possibility open at this time.
If we are forced to cancel the season, we will notify you as soon as the decision is made. The Board will meet formally before the end of May and we will have a final determination at that time. Until then, it is our hope that you remain safe and healthy and please remember to follow the guidelines provided by medical authorities in an effort to bring an end to the spread of this virus sooner rather than later. I look forward to seeing you out on the baseball fields again soon. As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Eric Steingruebner, NBBA President